Algebraic Geometry 1 (V4A1), Winter Term 2020/21
Lecturer: Prof. Dr. Daniel Huybrechts
Email: D. Huybrechts
Assistant: Dr. Gebhard Martin
Email: G. Martin
Monday 16 c.t. - 18, online
Friday 14 c.t. - 16, online
Registration: Please register for the lecture on this course's eCampus page. The password is "Grothendieck". Note that you also need to register for one of the tutorials (see below).
1st exam: Thursday 25.2.20212nd exam: Friday 26.3.2021 To be admitted to the exam, you need to obtain at least 50% of the total number of points on the exercise sheets.
- R. Hartshorne: Algebraic Geometry GTM 52. Springer. (This is still the most commonly used source.)
- D. Mumford: The Red book of varieties and schemes. Springer LN 1358.
- R. Vakil: Foundations of algebraic geometry. Online lectures (http://math.stanford.edu/~vakil/216blog/FOAGjun1113public.pdf)
- J. de Jong: The Stacks project (http://stacks.math.columbia.edu)
- D. Eisenbud and J. Harris, The Geometry of Schemes, GTM 197, Springer.
- U. Goertz, T. Wedhorn: Algebraic Geometry I. Vieweg.
- Q. Liu: Algebraic Geometry and Arithmetic Curves. Oxford GTM
Exercise sheets and ExamsRegistration: Please register for one of the tutorials on this course's eCampus page. Registration will be possible from October 22, 10 am, until November 7, 10 am. The password is "Grothendieck".
A new exercise sheet will appear here every Friday. Please solve these exercise sheets in groups of two or three students in your exercise group and give your solutions to your tutor within the following week. To be admitted to the exam, you need to obtain at least 50% of the total number of points on the exercise sheets. The first exercise sessions will take place on November 4 and 5.
- 2nd Exam solution
- 2nd Exam
- 1st Exam solution
- 1st Exam
- Exercise Sheet 13
- Exercise Sheet 12
- Exercise Sheet 11 (Exercise 67 (ii) corrected)
- Exercise Sheet 10 (Exercise 63 (iii) will not be graded)
- Exercise Sheet 9
- Exercise Sheet 8
- Exercise Sheet 7 (Due date changed to Monday 21 December)
- Exercise Sheet 6
- Exercise Sheet 5 (Please ignore Exercise 33; it will be moved to Sheet 6)
- Exercise Sheet 4
- Exercise Sheet 3 (Added missing Sheafification to Exercise 19)
- Exercise Sheet 2
- Exercise Sheet 1
- Extra Exercise Sheet (for the tutorials in the first week of November)
- 2nd Exam
Exercise sessions will start in the first week of November. All November tutorials will take place online.
|8 - 10||2,3|
|10 - 12|
|12 - 14||1|
|14 - 16|
|16 - 18|
|18 - 20|
All in-person exercise sessions will take place in the big lecture hall in Wegelerstraße 10.
|1||We. 12-14, in-person||Grigory Andreychev|
|2||Th. 8-10, in-person||Mingyu Ni|
|3||Th. 8-10, online||Maximilian Schimpf|