RG Analysis and Partial Differential Equations
V4B5: Real and Harmonic Analysis (summer term 2020)
- Prof. Dr. Christoph Thiele
- Dr. Olli Saari
Lectures:For as long as Corona measures require, the lectures will be recorded and posted online here. Username is studentmath, the password will be shared with enrolled or otherwise eligible students. If you are eligible and have not received a password, please contact the instructor.
- Tuesday, 2(c.t.) - 4, online
- Thursday, 2(c.t.) - 4, online
- Monday 8:30, online, follow the instructions given in the exercise sheet.
- Due on Friday 24 April
- Due on Friday 1 May
- Due on Friday 8 May
- Due on Friday 15 May
- Due on Friday 22 May, typo corrected, second exercise relates to Def 38
- Due on Friday 29 May
- Due on Friday 5 June, missing factors added to definition of BMO.
- Due on Friday 12 June
- Due on Friday 19 June
- Due on Friday 26 June
- Due on Friday 3 July
- No additional exercises. Use the time for sheet 12 to review.
Part A, Lectures 1-7
Part B, Lectures 8-14
Part C, Lectures 15-19
There will be online oral examinations taking place July 14,15,16.
Each exam is 30min.
Here is a list of topics for the exams.
- E. M. Stein, Harmonic Analysis: Real-Variable Methods, Orthogonality, and Oscillatory Integrals.
- E. M. Stein and R. Shakarchi, Functional analysis.
- C. Thiele and Y. Do, "Lp theory for outer measures and two themes of Lennart Carleson united", Bulletin AMS (N.S.) 52 (2015) 249-296
- Coifman, Jones, and Semmes, "Two Elementary Proofs of the L2 Boundedness of Cauchy Integrals on Lipschitz Curves".
Prof. Catharina Stroppel joined the North Rhine-Westphalia Academy for Sciences and Arts
Hirzebruch lecture by Rahul Pandharipande on Monday, May 15, 2023
Matthias Kreck elected corresponding member of the Göttingen Academy of Sciences and Humanities in Lower Saxony
Lucas Mann recevices the Hausdorff memorial award 2021/22
Bachelor Prize 2021/22 of the BMG awarded
M. Rapoport receives the Alexanderson Award of the AIM (joint with Jan Bruinier, Benjamin Howard, Stephen S. Kudla, and Tonghai Yang)
Prof. Daniel Huybrechts receives the Compositio Prize for the periode 2017-2019
Prof. Catharina Stroppel receives Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz Prize 2023
Rajula Srivastava receives Association for Women in Mathematics Dissertation Prize
Prof. Ana Caraiani wins a New Horizons in Mathematics Prizes 2023
Pius XI Medal awarded to Professor Peter Scholze
Prof. Valentin Blomer und Prof. Georg Oberdieck erhalten ERC grants
Grants for Mathematics students from Ukraine
Prof. Jessica Fintzen is awarded a Whitehead Prize of the London Mathematical Society
Prof. Peter Scholze elected as Foreign Member of the Royal Society
Bonner Mathematik belegt bei Shanghai Ranking den 1. Platz in Deutschland und weltweit den 13. Platz
Prof. Daniel Huybrechts erhält gemeinsam mit Debarre, Macri und Voisin ERC Synergy Grant