Einführung in die Algebra (V2A1/MB10), winter semester 2017/18
Lecturer: Prof. Dr. Catharina Stroppel
Office hours: by arrangement (preferably after the lecture), room 4.007, Endenicher Allee 60.
Assistant: Dr. Martin Palmer
Office hours: Thursday 15:00 - 16:00, room 4.019, Endenicher Allee 60.
Monday, 14:00 ct - 16:00, Großer Hörsaal, Wegelerstr. 10.
Thursday, 10:00 ct - 12:00, Großer Hörsaal, Wegelerstr. 10.
- Start: Monday, the 9th October 2017.
- Registration phase: Thursday 5th - Wednesday 11th October 2017
- Description: The lecture introduces the theory of groups, fields, rings and modules, which are of fundamental importance for all further courses, especially those in the domain of algebra. It is aimed at students in their third semester.
The following are recommended:
- Artin: Algebra
- Bosch: Algebra
- Fischer, Sacher: Einführung in die Algebra
- Jantzen, Schwermer: Algebra
- Meyberg, Karpfinger: Algebra: Gruppen, Ringe, Moduln
- Wüstholz: Grundlagen der Algebra
- Wolfart: Einführung in die Zahlentheorie und Algebra
- 1st exam:
- Date and time: 14th February 2018, 9:00 - 11:00
- Last names A-H: Großer Hörsaal, Wegelerstr. 10
- Last names I-Z: CP2, Endenicher Allee 19 C
- Klausureinsicht: 16th February 2018, 13:00 -- 15:00 in the Großer Hörsaal Wegelerstr. 10
- The grades will be available in Basis shortly before the Klausureinsicht.
- 2nd exam:
- Date and time: 22nd March 2018, 9:00 -- 11:00, Kleiner Hörsaal, Wegelerstr. 10
- Klausureinsicht: 23rd March 2018, 13:00 -- 14:00 in seminar room 2.008, Endenicher Allee 60
The new exercise/problem sheets will always be made available on this webpage by Thursday at 12:00 at the latest.
The submission of the exercise/problem sheets takes place on Thursdays before the lecture (10:00 - 10:15), at the entrace of the lecture theatre.
- 1st exercise/problem sheet
- 2nd exercise/problem sheet
- 3rd exercise/problem sheet
- 4th exercise/problem sheet
- 5th exercise/problem sheet
- 6th exercise/problem sheet
- 7th exercise/problem sheet
- 8th exercise/problem sheet
- 9th exercise/problem sheet
- 10th exercise/problem sheet
- 11th exercise/problem sheet
- 12th exercise/problem sheet
- 13th exercise/problem sheet
- 14th exercise/problem sheet
We also make some additional exercises available, for discussion during the exercise/problem classes, which may be used by the class tutors. Here you will find the in-class exercises from previous weeks. This is to be thought of as a general source of exercises; it is not expected that all exercises will be discussed.
- The assignment of the exercise/problem classes takes place between the 5th and the 11th October 2017 through BASIS.
Details of this process may be found on this information sheet from last year.
Please address any further questions about this assignment process to the Bachelor-Master office.
- Start of the exercise/problem classes: Monday, the 16th October 2017.
|Group||Date and time||Room||Tutor|
|1||Mon. 10-12||0.003||Manuel Blatt|
|2||Tues. 8-10||0.003||Tim Bülles|
|3||Tues. 16-18||0.008||Thorsten Beckmann|
|A||Wed. 8-10||N0.007||Benjamin Ruppik|
|4||Wed. 8-10||0.008||Jendrik Stelzner|
|B||Wed. 10-12||1.007||Jendrik Stelzner|
|5||Wed. 10-12||0.003||Benjamin Ruppik|
|6||Thu. 16-18||0.003||Jonas Antor|
|7||Fri. 10-12||0.003||Fabian Koch|
All seminar rooms are in the Mathematical Institute, Endenicher Allee 60.
NB: The exercise/problem class A takes place in seminar room N0.007 in the annex (Nebengebäude).