Algebraic Geometry I - Wintersemester 2016/17
Time and Place
Tuesday, 10-12h, Großer Hörsaal
Thursday, 10-12h, Kleiner Hörsaal
First Lecture: Tuesday 18.10.2016.
Content of the course
This course will cover basic scheme theory.
Thanks to Jack Davies there are typed notes of the course available.
- R. Hartshorne: Algebraic Geometry GTM 52. Springer.
- D. Mumford: The Red book of varieties and schemes. Springer LN 1358.
- R. Vakil: Foundations of algebraic geometry. Online lectures
- J. de Jong: The Stacks project
- D. Eisenbud and J. Harris, The Geometry of Schemes, GTM 197, Springer.
- U. Goertz, T. Wedhorn: Algebraic Geometry I. Vieweg.
- Q. Liu: Algebraic Geometry and Arithmetic Curves. Oxford GTM
- A. Grothendieck, J. Dieudonné: Éléments de géométrie algébrique.
- Exercise sheet 1 (20.10.2016, corrected version)
- Exercise sheet 2 (25.10.2016, to be handed in on 3. November 2016)
- Exercise sheet 3 (1.11.2016)
- Exercise sheet 4 (8.11.2016)
- Exercise sheet 5 (15.11.2016)
- Exercise sheet 6 (22.11.2016)
- Exercise sheet 7 (29.11.2016)
- Exercise sheet 8 (6.12.2016)
- Exercise sheet 9 (13.12.2016)
- Exercise sheet 10 (20.12.2016)
- Exercise sheet 11 (10.01.2017)
- Exercise sheet 12 (17.01.2017)
- Exercise sheet 13 (24.01.2017)
- Exercise sheet 14 (31.01.2017)
There are weekly exercise sessions accompanying the lecture. It is necessary to attend the exercise sessions and hand in solutions to the exercises in order to participate in the final exam. Please hand in your solutions tuesdays during the lecture.
Registration for the exercise sessions takes place during the first lecture. The regular exercise sessions start in week two. However, in the first two exercise sessions (on the 21.10.2016 and 24.10.2016) there will be short repetitoriums recollecting some facts of commutative algebra.
|Group||Time and Place||Tutor|
|Group 1||Monday 16-18h, Room 1.008||Axel Kölschbach|
|Group 2||Friday 12-14h, Room 0.007||Isabell Große-Brauckmann|
The first written exam will take place on Thursday, 16.02.2017 from 13h to 15h in the Großer Hörsaal, Wegelerstraße.
The second written exam will take place on Wednesday, 22.03.2017 from 9h to 11h in the Kleiner Hösaal, Wegelerstraße.