Studying mathematical logic and set theory at Bonn
The mathematical logic group offers thesis projects in all mathematical study programmes at Bonn. Students from other fields may take logic courses within their secondary subjects or as optional modules. Besides the general rules and regulations for these programs, the following pages provide some logic-specific information.
Generally, logic studies at the various levels are grouped around the following sequence of logic lectures which are offered every two years, starting in the summer terms of 2008. Links lead to module descriptions and to homepages of recent lectures.
- Mathematische Logik (Bachelor) Summer 08, 10, ...
- Mengenlehre (Bachelor), and Higher Set Theory (Master), Winter 08, 10, ...
- Models of Set Theory I (Master), Summer 09, 11, ...
- Models of Set Theory II (Master), Winter 09, 11, ...
These courses provide an introduction to logic and set theory at the Bachelor level and a thorough specialisation in axiomatic set theory at the Master level. They are supplemented by seminars and practical projects:
- Seminar (Bachelor)
- Hauptseminar (Bachelor)
- Bachelor Thesis Seminar
- Praktikum Mathematische Logik (Bachelor)
- Graduate Seminar on Logic (Master)
- Graduate Seminar on Set Theory (Master)
- Master Thesis Seminar
- Practical Project in Mathematical Logic (Master)
Last update: 14.10.2013