Endenicher Allee 60
53115 Bonn, Germany
|Tel:||+49 228 73 62239|
|eMail:||f.hebestreit at math.uni-bonn.de|
|Office hours:||by appointment|
I am an Assitant (Akademischer Rat auf Zeit) in the Topology group at the University of Bonn under the supervision of Wolfgang Lück.
Together with Markus Land I am organising a seminar on the Foundations of Hermitian K-theory within the eCHT framwork for fall 2021. During spring 2022 I will be visiting the Mittag-Leffler-Institute, Stockholm, as part of the program Higher algebraic structures in algebra, topology and geometry. Here is a CV.
Furthermore, I am currently the organiser of the Bonn topology seminar and organised the workshop Automorphisms of Manifolds with Wolfgang.
Manifolds, mostly high dimensional! That is algebraic & geometric Topology, homotopical Algebra and more specifically:
the homotopy theory of diffeomorphism groups and cobordism categories, and their relation to algebraic K- and L-theory, parametrised homotopy theory and its relation to operator algebras and positive scalar curvature
Publications and Preprints
- with W.Steimle: Stable moduli spaces of hermitian forms.
arXiv:2103.13911 (with an appendix by Y.Harpaz, 94 pages, 2021, submitted)
- with S.Linskens & J.Nuiten: Orthofibrations and monoidal adjunctions.
arXiv:2011.11042 (48 pages, 2020)
- with A.Krause: Mapping spaces in coherent nerves.
arXiv:2011.09345 (14 pages, 2020)
- with B. Calmès, E. Dotto, Y. Harpaz, M. Land, K. Moi, D. Nardin, T. Nikolaus & W. Steimle: Hermitian K-Theory for stable ∞-categories III: Grothendieck-Witt groups of rings.
arXiv:2009.07225 (58 pages, 2020, in revision)
- with B. Calmès, E. Dotto, Y. Harpaz, M. Land, K. Moi, D. Nardin, T. Nikolaus & W. Steimle: Hermitian K-Theory for stable ∞-categories II: Cobordism categories and Additivity.
arXiv:2009.07224 (159 pages, 2020, submitted)
- with B. Calmès, E. Dotto, Y. Harpaz, M. Land, K. Moi, D. Nardin, T. Nikolaus & W. Steimle: Hermitian K-Theory for stable ∞-categories I: Foundations.
arXiv:2009.07223 (173 pages, 2020, submitted)
- with M. Land & T. Nikolaus: On the homotopy type of L-spectra of the integers.
Journal of Topology, vol. 14, no. 1 (2021), pp. 183-214, Erratum
- with S. Sagave: Homotopical and operator algebraic twisted K-theory.
Mathematische Annalen, vol. 378 (2020), pp. 1021-1059
- with C. Schlichtkrull & S. Sagave: Multiplicative parametrized homotopy theory via symmetric spectra in retractive spaces.
Forum of Mathematics Sigma, vol. 8 (2020), e16, 84 pages
- with M. Land. W. Lück & O. Randal-Williams: A vanishing theorem for tautological classes of aspherical manifolds.
Geometry & Topology, vol. 25 (2021), pp. 47 - 110
- with N. Perlmutter: Cobordism categories and moduli spaces of odd dimensional manifolds.
Advances in Mathematics, vol. 353, no. 7 (2019), pp. 526-590
- with M. Joachim: Twisted Spin cobordism and positive scalar curvature.
Journal of Topology, vol. 13, no. 1 (2020), pp. 1-58
- with S. Büscher, O. Röndigs & M. Stelzer: The Goodwillie Spectral Sequence for iterated loopspaces and topological realisation at odd primes.
Algebraic and Geometric Topology, vol. 13, no. 1 (2013), pp. 127-169
Articles for Conference Proceedings
- Parametrised algebraic surgery (extended abstract).
to appear in Oberwolfach reports, Workshop: Topologie (2020)
- Algebraic Cobordism categories and Grothendieck-Witt theory (extended abstract).
Oberwolfach Reports vol. 17, no. 1, Workshop: Manifolds and Groups (2020), pp. 437 - 440
- with I. Bokor, D. Crowley, S. Friedl, D. Kasprowski, M. Land & J. Nicholson: Connected sum decompositions of high-dimensional manifolds.
MATRIX Annals, vol. 4 (2021), pp. 5-30
- The Tate Diagonal (extended abstract).
Oberwolfach Reports vol. 15, no. 1, Arbeitsgemeinschaft: Topological Cyclic Homology (2018), pp. 825 - 838
- Twisted Spin Cobordism (extended abstract).
Oberwolfach Reports vol. 11, no. 3, Workshop: Analysis, Geometry and Topology of positive scalar curvature (2014), pp. 2013 - 2014
TeachingSome lecture notes:
- Algebraic Topology
- Higher Categories I
- Higher Categories II
- Algebraic K-Theory, a version TeXed and expanded by Ferdinand Wagner is here.
Previously, I gave the lecture courses Algebraic and Hermitian K-theory, Higher categories and homotopical algebra (through Zoom) and Introduction to higher Categories together with Christoph Winges, was the teaching assistent of Daniel Kasprowski for the lecture course Topology II, and gave the course Mathematik für Geowissenschaftler II (in german). I ran seminars on Characteristic classes and Real Divisionalgebras (in german); I taught the lecture course Algebraic topology (in german), together with the two seminars The space of positive scalar curvature metrics, and Representation theory of finite groups (in german) at the University of Augsburg; I was the teaching assistant of Saint Nikolaus for the lecture course Algebraic Topology II, and that of Jens Franke for the lecture courses Linear algebra I, II and Introduction to algebra. More information can be found on the courses' websites.