Mid May - Mid July 2006
Monday and Wednesday 16-18, SR A, Beringstrasse 4 first lecture May 17 !!!!
A preparational course will be held April 7 – April 28,
by D. Huybrechts.
Monday, Tuesday, Friday 10-12, SR F, Beringstrasse 1 (first
lecture April 7)
Lectures in English or German
The preparational course is meant as a warm-up. We will try to get
used to the log category and some of the basic techniques.
The following is an incomplete list of notions and results that
will be discussed:
1. Cartier and Weil divisors, factorial singularities
2. The canonical divisor, Gorenstein singularities
3. termincal and canonical singularities
4. The log category, log-terminal and log-canonical singularities
5. nef, big, ample
6. Taking roots of sections and line bundles
7. Vanishing theorems (Kodaira, Kawamata-Viehweg, Grauert-Riemenschneider)
If I find the time, notes of the course will be posted
J. Kollar, S. Mori: Birational Geometry of Algebraic Varieties.
K. Matsuki: Introduction to Mori's Program. Springer
Y. Kawamata, K. Matsuda, K. Matsuki: Introduction to the minimal
model problem. Adv. Stud. Pure Math. 10; http://faculty.ms.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~kawamata/index.html
J. Kollar (ed.): Flips and abundance for algebraic threefolds,
Ast\'erisque 211, 1992.