Topology I (V3D1/F4D1), winter term 2017/18
Mondays,10:15-12:00 and Wednesdays, 8:30-10:00, Kleiner Hörsaal (Wegelerstr. 10)
Lecturer: Prof. Stefan
Email : schwede (at) math.uni-bonn.de
Assistant: Christian Wimmer
Email: wimmer (at) math.uni-bonn.de
singular homology, CW-complexes, higher homotopy groups
- F. Waldhausen, Algebraische Topologie
- G. Bredon, Topology and Geometry (Springer)
- A. Hatcher, Algebraic Topology
- K. Jänich, Topologie (Springer)
- G. Laures, M. Szymik, Grundkurs Topologie (Spektrum)
point set topology (topological space, subspaces, quotient spaces, compactness, separation
axioms), fundamental group, covering space theory
The written exam takes place on Tuesday, February 20, 2018, from 9:00 - 10:30
in the "Großer Hörsaal" and the "Kleiner Hörsaal" in Wegelerstr. 10.
Requirements for admission to the exam are:
Additional hints for the exam:
- at least half of the credits from the exercise sheets,
- having presented at least two exercises on the blackboard during
the exercise sessions.
You can have a look at the corrected exams on February 21, 2018,
10:00-11:00 in room 2.008 (Mathematikzentrum).
- The exam starts at 9:00 sharp; please be there 10 minutes ahead of time.
- Bring a foto id (passport or Personalausweis) and your student id card.
- The exam questions are in english; answers can be given in german or english.
- Results that were proven in class or are the subject of an exercise
on the exercise sheets can be used without proof.
- All devices that are capable of wireless data
exchange are forbidden
(mobile phones, smart phones, tablets, laptops, smart watches, ...);
Such devices must we switched off and stored away during the exam.
- We provide paper. You bring your own pens.
The second exam will take place on Wednesday, March 21, 2018, starting at 10:00.
The new exercise sheets will be available here for download on Fridays.
The completed exercises have to be handed in 10 days later before the Monday lecture.
Exercise sheets may be handed in jointly by at most three students.
solutions due: 23.10.17
solutions due: 30.10.17
solutions due: 06.11.17
solutions due: 13.11.17
solutions due: 20.11.17
solutions due: 27.11.17
solutions due: 04.12.17
solutions due: 11.12.17
solutions due: 18.12.17
solutions due: 08.01.18
solutions due: 15.01.18
solutions due: 22.01.18
|Thursdays 8-10, N 0.003 (Neubau)
|Thursdays 16-18, N 0.003 (Neubau)
||Timm von Puttkamer
|Fridays 12-14, N 0.003 (Neubau)
|Fridays, 14-16, N 0.003 (Neubau)
S. Schwede, 01.02.2018