Algebraic Geometry II - Summer Term 2020
Time and Place
First Lecture: Monday 20.04.2020.
Due to the Corona crisis the lectures will be delivered via Zoom. Meeting number and password will appear in the course on eCampus. In particular, for participation of the course it is necessary to join the course on eCampus.
From 6.4.2020 till the 20.4.2020 we will upload some material, which will be needed during the semester and which we leave to the participants for a self-study.
Content of the course
This course is the sequel of Algebraic Geometry I and will cover cohomology of quasi-coherent sheaves. Thanks to Jack Davies there are typed notes of the former courses "Algebraic Geometry I" and "Algebraic Geometry II" available.
- R. Hartshorne: Algebraic Geometry GTM 52. Springer.
- D. Mumford: The Red book of varieties and schemes. Springer LN 1358.
- R. Vakil: Foundations of algebraic geometry. Online lectures
- J. de Jong: The Stacks project
- D. Eisenbud and J. Harris, The Geometry of Schemes, GTM 197, Springer.
- U. Goertz, T. Wedhorn: Algebraic Geometry I. Vieweg.
- Q. Liu: Algebraic Geometry and Arithmetic Curves. Oxford GTM
- A. Grothendieck, J. Dieudonné: Éléments de géométrie algébrique.
TeX-Template for handing in the solutions to the exercises:
There are weekly exercise sessions accompanying the lecture. It is necessary to attend the exercise sessions and to hand in solutions to the exercises in order to participate in the final exam. The regular exercise sessions start on the 21.4.2020.
Due to the Corona crisis the format of the exercise sessions will be different. Participants are asked to register for the course on eCampus and upload their solutions there (scanned or, preferably, TeXed using for example this Template). The solutions will be presented in two zoom meetings given by tutors. Moreover, the corrected exercise sheets will be available via the eCampus system. In case of any questions or problems contact me via e-mail.
|Group||Time and Place||Tutor|
|Group 1||Tuesday 10-12h||Mingjia Zhang|
|Group 2||Tuesday 12-14h||Manuel Hoff|
Please contact Alexander Ivanov via email to arrange a day for the exam.
The room numbers refer to the building Mathematik Zentrum, Endenicher Allee 60.
Last modified: July 2020, Johannes Anschütz